- September 2020: News on the European Agriculture
- June 2020: Latest Developments on Organic Agriculture
- No patents on life, no patents on seeds: Focusing on new biotechnology and genetic engineering, many inventors and international corporations expect their research commercially and exclusively protected and are constantly trying to patent it – especially when it comes to seeds. But seeds are the origin of all life – and therefore we clearly demand: No patents on life, no patents on seeds! Read on what's behind this statement...
- We need more awareness and commercial activities around organic seeds: In this interview, Stefan Doeblin, president of Lebende Samen - Living Seeds e.V. and founder of Sementes Vivas and Semillas Vivas, shares his learnings since he started to work in the organic seed sector. Stefan is convinced that more awareness and commercial activities are needed to make more organic seeds available - and to increase demand for them. The interview was conducted by Hannes Lorenzen and Adèle Pautrat from Seeds4All on March 22nd, 2021. Read on...
- Spain: When will we have enough organic seeds for organic farming? Consumers nearly everywhere in Europe tend to buy more and more healthy food – in particular food that is labelled organic. This development has received an additional push through the Corona pandemic, which made many people realise the importance – and vulnerability – of vitality and good health. But does this also increase the demand for organic seeds? An article published in the organic magazine BioEcoActual.
Read the full article in English
Read the full article in Spanish
Read the full article in Catalan
- Bio-Saatgut für Südeuropa: (German) An article about the work of the biodynamic and organic seed company Sementes Vivas and the need for more research and resources for organic plant breeding in Southern Europe - which is the purpose of our association Living Seeds.
- In the beginning there are seeds: An article by our president Stefan Doeblin about the correlation between seeds, plant breeding, farming, nature and us humble human beings
Celebrating the Carnation revolution in Portugal under the shadow of COVID -19: An article by our president Stefan Doeblin who, in view of the Corona-crisis, invites us to rethink our way of doing business without a soul
- "Das Saatgut-Kartell" Video recommendation (German): Scientists around the world are working on cultivating and genetically modifying fruit and vegetables for the international market. How healthy, natural and fair is what we eat? - 3sat Mediathek October 2020
- Garten des Lebens sells organic seeds and is a great source of information, tips, instructions, recommendations, seminars and consulting around open-pollinated organic seeds, gardening and permaculture.
- The Supermarket Museum: A project well worth supporting! A collaboration of permaculture and agroecology networks, artists and volunteers and an inspiration for people to make a transition towards a Food Solidarity Culture.
- Es grünt so grün: Plötzlich wollen alle Unternehmen nachhaltig sein: Article recommendation (German) - Stern Magazine July 2020
- The Future of Agriculture in Egypt: Comparative Full Cost Accounting Study of Organic and Conventional Crop Production Systems in Egypt - May 2020
- Conference Report: Seed for future food systems: Promoting Organic Plant Breeding in Europe, Conference Report: Seed for future food systems - November 2018